October 15, 2012

Day 1 - Eating well

vietnamese salad


After a horrendously late night followed by an early morning exercise session I was pretty much ready to eat a horse. I had anticipated this would happen and had prepared myself the previous night. I cooked soup, made salad, baked chicken wings and prepped my brekkie. I felt pretty pleased with myself afterwards if I do say so myself.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast
Porridge with chopped dates and milk
(before that banana)
Snack
Orange

Lunch
Spicy Garlicky Chicken Wings
Vietnamese Salad

Dinner
Jamie Oliver's Storecupboard Soup


I made an enormous batch of my favourite salad at the moment. It's from the Zest cookbook. I've omitted a few ingredients like the chili and chopped peanuts as it's lovely and fresh as it is. I never really make the dressing that goes with it either as it doesn't need it.

Vietnamese Salad

Serves 6-8

2 cups finely shredded Chinese Cabbage
2  lebanese cucumbers (I used 1 telegraph cucumber instead with the seeds scooped out as it only cost $1)
1 small turnip
1 carrot
1 bunch mint, leaves picked
1 bunch chives, cut into 2 cm slices (I used parsley as they didn't have hcives at the markets)

Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Distribute serves among plastic containers and pop in the fridge to use for the next 2-4 days.



vietnamese salad2

No comments:

Post a Comment